Oatmeal…some love it, some hate it. Texture, I know, is a big concern for many eaters out there. But I’m here to give you some new recipe ideas and tell you why oatmeal is such an incredible food and an especially healthy breakfast option.
I am crazy for oatmeal. I absolutely love it. But I will tell you, I am ridiculously picky about the texture of my oatmeal. Runny, no thank you. I could eat mine with a fork. And I can feel good about my addiction, too, knowing that it is incredibly healthy! 😀
Some great benefits of oatmeal include:
- Helps to improve cholesterol.
- May reduce blood pressure.
- High in fiber to keep you regular, fill you up and improve colon health.
- Contains heart-healthy soluble fiber.
- Contains proteins.
- Low glycemic carbohydrate source.
- Great for an energizing, balanced breakfast.
- They are very versatile.
- They are cheap and delicious!
Some call oatmeal a superfood, and I couldn’t agree more. Eating it regularly can improve your health in a number of ways from cholesterol to blood pressure to digestive health and energy. That being said, let me give you some helpful tips for great-tasting oatmeal.
- If you don’t like the texture, try making it with less liquid to give it a denser, dryer texture.
- For more protein, add in protein powder.
- For more crunch, try flaxseeds or chia seeds and/or nuts in oatmeal.
- Experiment with fruits. I’ve done berries, pineapple, peaches, apples, bananas in my oatmeal and they are all so good!
- Top cooked oatmeal with coconut oil to give it a nice, tasty glaze on top.
- Also, for more crunch, top cooked oatmeal with a sprinkle of dry granola.
- If you are pinched for time and need a quick fix, try overnight oats in the refrigerator.
I hope you try out this delicious food and find a liking for it to reap the many benefits!