Who else loves Mexican food?! I could eat Mexican food nearly every day of the week and not get tired of it but I think we all know we can’t do that and reach our health goals. So I have improvised a bit and made my own recipe for healthier “tacos” and a healthier dressing. Try out this Spicy Avocado Dressing for a spin on your next Taco Tuesday meal.
- 1 pitted avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- Flesh of 1/2 of 1 lime, juice from 1/2
- 2-3 jalapenos, depending on preference for spiciness, minced
- Dash of salt
- Enough unsweetened almond milk for desired consistency, add little by little
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Once ingredients have been diced or minced as directed, throw all ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- *Do note, this is a pretty spicy dressing/dip. You can easily tame down the spiciness by using only 1 jalapeno.
Use this dressing as a topper for lettuce wraps, taco salad, chip dip or a spicy spread.
I used it for my Shrimp Lettuce Wraps, which included a lettuce wrap base, pico de gallo, grilled shrimp and the dressing.