Want a quick and easy breakfast or a healthy snack that you can prepare ahead of time? This is a go-to!
I call these egg cups because I don’t like to think of my eggs in the form of a muffin, but you will use a muffin tin to bake these.
They are…super easy, super flexible and super tasty. Why wouldn’t you try them? They are great for a quick, healthy breakfast or lunch option. I have added these as a brunch go-to item, as well, when we have brunch get togethers. They are so easy and you can make a few different kinds to choose from.
Also, I could use this disclaimer on many of my recipes, but I don’t always measure my ingredients. Most times, I just wing it and see how it turns out. Experience makes a great teacher 😉
- 5 Eggs
- Dab of milk (I used almond)
- Tomatoes, diced
- Onion, diced
- Spinach, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cheese, sprinkle on top, if desired
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease muffin tin.
- Chop spinach, set aside.
- Dice tomatoes and onions, set aside.
- Break eggs into small bowl, whisk well. Add about 1-2 tbsp of milk, whisk more.
- Add salt and pepper to eggs, as desired.
- Evenly distribute egg mix to make 6-7 bowls in tin.
- Top each egg bowl with onion, tomato and spinach as desired, being careful to leave extra room at top of each bowl.
- Place in heated oven and bake for 13-15 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny on top.
- Take out of oven, add cheese on top of each egg bowl to melt, if desired.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Get creative with these! You could add a variety of difference spices or ingredients to fit your preferences. My meat-loving husband suggested I add cooked sausage to the next batch so I will try that variation.