Don’t we all want to have our dessert and not feel guilty about it?! Back in my competition prep days, I made these healthy brownie alternatives quite often to satisfy my chocolate cravings! They are high in fiber and are made with healthy ingredients to leave you satisfied. These healthier brownies are made with complex carbohydrates that won’t send your blood sugar surging and crashing like many other sweets.
- 6 ounces cooked sweet potato, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar or stevia
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup oat flour
What you do:
- Preheat oven.
- Spray 8×8 pan with non stick spray and set aside.
- Stir all dry ingredients together in one bowl. Mix all wet ingredients together in one bowl. Then place all ingredients in a blender. Blend and mix until smooth, without clumps.
- Pour batter into dish (batter will be thin).
- Bake 20-30 minutes.
- Brownies will be a fudgey consistency so wait until cooled completely to cut them!
You can play around with adding in various toppings such as chocolate chips, peanut butter, nuts, etc. Get creative with it!